AURORA, Ill. – State Rep. Stephanie Kifowit, D-Oswego, is inviting area residents to join her at coffee shop stops across her district in July to discuss state and local issues.
“The number one issue I hear when I’m walking door to door and at my coffee stop shops is how Illinois’ lack of a budget is hurting our most vulnerable residents,” Kifowit said. “Meeting with families directly impacted by the budget crisis allows me to answer any questions they might have and take their message to Springfield. Throughout this year-long stalemate, I have urged both sides to
pass a fair and responsible budget, not continue playing political games.”
All “Coffee with Kifowit” events are free to the public, and those who attend will be treated to a refreshment of their choice. The events are scheduled from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., and will take place at the following locations:
· Monday, June 27 at Panera, 2775 Showplace Drive, Suite 123, Naperville
· Monday, July 4 – No Coffee, Happy Independence Day!
· Monday, July 11 at Maxfield’s, 2290 Ogden Ave., Aurora
· Monday, July 18 at Benny's Place, 1158 Douglas Road, Oswego
· Monday, July 25 at Panera, 2775 Showplace Drive, Suite 123, Naperville