The Kendall County Democrats are at the Kendall County Fair this week. The Fair runs from August 3rd through the 6th. It is located at the Kendall County Fairgrounds on Route 71 in Yorkville, just west of Rte 47. Watch for the road signs that will direct you to where you need to go to access the site. Law enforcement has people going to Windette/Legion Road. Turn west on to Legion Road and follow the signs to the parking lot. There are rides for the kids, delicious festival food...the Beef, Pork, and Corn Growers Associations usually have food there and it is delicious. There are also various vendors selling their wares. The Fair also features various agricultural judging events. There is also music and other events. go to the Fair website for more details. If you would like to help us man the booth, come out and join us. It's a lot of fun. You get to meet a lot of great people and talk to the public about how democrats can really help the residents of Kendall County. See you all there!!!
Kendall County Democrats will be hosting a picnic on Saturday, 9 September 2017 at Silver Springs State Park at the Pavilion on the west side of the park. We will provide food and drinks, just come and have some fun and meet the candidates and some of the people that volunteer for the Kendall County Democrats. Last year's event was a huge success, so we hope to repeat that and improve on it! So please, come on out...bring a neighbor...bring a friend...but most of all, have good time and enjoy out very beautiful Silver Springs State Park. Silver springs state park is located along Fox Road near the intersection of Fox Road and Fox River Road. If you are coming from the east, the best way is to go through downtown Yorkville and head to 47 and Fox Road (just south of the downtown area...you will see a Speedway on the NE corner). You will see signs for Silver Springs on 47 and Fox. Go west on Fox and to the second entrance (not the one for the lake that has signs for the concession stand)...you will see the Pavilion when you pull in. If you are coming through Plano, go south on ben Street, it turns into Fox River Road. Take a left when you get on the other side of the river and you will see the entrance. You will see signs for Silver Springs at the corner of 34 and Ben Street. Here is the address for those of you wishing to GPS it (keep in mind that this is pointing to the Main entrance and not the entrance where we will be at: 13608 Fox Rd, Yorkville, IL 60560.
The Kendall County Clerk has posted the list of candidates running for office in the municipal election next month. early voting has already started, so get on out and vote!!
As some of you already know.. I'm running for office again. This time for alderman ward 1 in Yorkville. I live in a predominantly conservative ward but this is a non-partisan race so I hope my party affiliation won't be a factor. Of course, those that know me know... so wish me luck! If you live on the south side of Yorkville or know someone who does.. I'd love your support! Thanks in advance to those that have put signs in their yard already. Thank you! If you'd like a sign let me know, I'll come by and put it in. If you know someone in my ward and think they'd put a sign in, let me know. :) early voting started Thursday so you can vote at the county building. The election is April 4th!
21st - 6:30 - 7:30 pm
Town hall at the Plainfield Public Library located at 15025 S. Illinois St, Plainfield
22nd - 9:00 - 10:00 am
Satellite Office Hours at the Romeoville Village Hall located at 1050 W. Romeo Road, Romeoville
19th - 8:30 -10:30 am
Sen. Bertino-Tarrant's Veteran's Breakfast at the Plainfield American Legion located at 24741 Renwick Road, Plainfield
20th - 9:00 - 10:00 am
Satellite Office Hours at the Oswego Village Hall Located at 100 Parker's Mill Road, Oswego
17th - 9:00 - 10:00 am
Satellite Office Hours at the Crest Hill Village Hall 1610 Plainfield Road, Crest Hill
14th - 6:30 - 7:30 pm
Town Hall at the Crest Hill White Oak Library located at 20670 Len Kubinski Drive in Crest Hill
15th - 9:00 - 10:00 am
Satellite Office Hours in Bolingbrook
- Hillary yard signs are in so if you want one or more, respond to this email and I'll arrange pick up.
- The Democratic Coordinated Campaign (Illinois Victory 2016) is working in Kendall & Will counties. They currently have offices in Aurora and Naperville, and are also opening an office in Joliet next week. They want to use these offices as a jumping off point into Kendall, where they'll be knocking on doors for all of our candidates, with an emphasis on Tammy Duckworth's US Senate race. If you're a Precinct Committeeman already knocking on doors in your precinct, they have DSCC generated lists of persuadable and swing voters. They also need volunteer support, including canvassers, phone bankers, and team leaders who would be willing to use their homes or offices as staging locations for volunteer activities. If you'd like to pitch in, please feel free to contact Josh Koenig (312 401 0646) for locations closest to Aurora and Naperville and Connor McDermott (708 212 0713) for locations closest Joliet.
- Phone banking for Tammy Duckworth will be held Monday through Thursday, 5:30 to 7PM from now until the election at the Painters Hall, 1905 Sequoia Drive, Suite 201 in Aurora. Also, canvassing on Saturdays from 10AM to 2PM.
- Chris Benson's campaign is looking for people who are interested in both phone banking and going precinct walks for the Chris Benson for State Senate campaign. Both precinct walks and phone banking will be taking place Monday through Thursday from 4 PM to 8 PM. Phone banking will be taking place at the Grundy County Democratic Party headquarters in Morris. Precinct walks will be organized separately from the phone banking on a person-by-person basis.
They will also coordinate with any campaigns that are interested. For canvassers, they are paying $10 per hour, with canvassers being paid every Monday. If you or anyone you know is interested in being a canvasser, please email Mike Amarilio at this address(firstname.lastname@example.org) or call him at 847-682-7002. Email is the best way to get a hold of him.
- Jennifer Bertino-Tarrant's campaign has opportunities for Field Organizers, Canvassers and Interns. Field Organizers will be full time (paid), willing to travel, have a valid drivers license, auto insurance and a good working car, and willing to start Sept. 1st. Paid Canvassers will walk weekdays from 4 to 8PM and Saturday and Sunday, noon to 5PM and willing to travel, have a valid drivers license, auto insurance and a good working car, and willing to start immediately. For Internships, there are many to choose from so if interested in them and the other positions, send your resume to email@example.com.
- Lastly, Save the Date for the Kendall Dems Picnic - Saturday, Sept 10 from noon to 4PM at Silver Springs State Park!
We also have the Central Meeting coming up on Tuesday September 13th at PineHeadtz in Yorkville we have allot of work and need all of you to participate meeting will start at 7 pm .
For any other information please feel free to contact me at (630) 207-1124 thank you to everyone for all your hard work we are going to win this November.